Sunday, February 3, 2013

Resize It! Prompt #3


Hey everyone! Glad to "see" all of you here today. ;)

If you've been with the blog for a while now, you'll know about my Resize It! challenge. Every now and again, I'll post a video of me working in this little journal of mine. It's a smaller size than I'm used to working in, thus the "Resize It!" part of the challenge. 

There's also another prompt every time I post one of these videos, that you can use to work it. Then, you post a link at the end of the post. I hope you'll join me!


Today's pages were done quite a while ago; I just got around to editing the video today. I've been super busy with school and everything, and it's been near impossible to get anything done. I'm hoping that things will be a bit easier here in February.


Anyways. Here's today's prompt:

Use some kind of paper you've found in your everyday life on your page/spread.

That's it. It's that simple. For me, it was a scrap of paper that had Chinese style dragons on it. I found it lying on the side of the road one day on my way to school, and it was just way too cool to pass up!


Here's a couple more details from the page; when I went to collage my words/journaling down onto the page, the word "memories" bled a bit more than I wanted it to. I was hoping to achieve a slightly grungy look, as you can see on the rest of the page.

However, you couldn't even read this one word.

So, I pulled out my typewriter real quick, and typed the word memories. Super simple. Super basic. Then I just glued it over the top of the messed up word. I personally enjoy the way it looks. I mentioned that yesterday. That's one of the things I love about art journaling. Fixing mistakes.


1 comment:

  1. Wow I like your videos Jordan -- will make time for this promt ...

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...